Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis
For cheap and convenient transit in to downtown Minneapolis, there are light rail stations in both Terminal 1 and 2. Follow the signs in the airport to hop on the Blue Line.
- Fare is $1.75 ($2.25 during rush hour). Ticket machines take cash and credit cards at each station.
- Ride time from the airport to downtown Minneapolis is about 30 minutes.
- There are five stops in downtown: Downtown East, Government Plaza, Nicollet Matt, Warehouse District, and Target Field.
- Trains run about every 10 minutes from 4:30 AM-2:00 AM
Driving to Downtown Minneapolis
If you prefer to rent a car, most car rental companies are located right in the airport, along with several options within both terminals.
Directions from terminals to downtown Minneapolis:
- Terminal 1: follow signs for MN-5 East. After 1 mile, take the exit for MN-55/Hiawatha Ave North and stay on this road for 8 miles.
- Terminal 2: follow signs for MN-5 East. After 2 miles, take the exit for MN-55/Hiawatha Ave North and stay on this road for 9 miles.
GETTING TO MILL CITY
Directions to Mill City Roasters from downtown Minneapolis
- Get on I-35W N then take exit 19 onto E Hennepin Ave
- Turn right onto E Hennepin Ave and follow for about 1.5 miles
- Turn right onto 33rd Ave SE
- Mill City Roasters will be on the left (you’ll see a big red ‘1050’ sign)
The big, red ‘1050’ sign projecting from our building directs you inside a large loading bay. The door to get inside is at the back right corner of this bay (it has a keypad on it but will not be locked). Once inside that door, you can use the maps on the walls to navigate to Mill City Roasters.
On the north side of our building, between the sign and train tracks, there is a narrow gravel driveway that leads back to parking that is free for you to use.
THINGS TO DO
Breweries & Distilleries
Surly Brewing Co.
Indeed Brewing Company
Bauhaus Brew Labs
Sociable Cider Werks